Thursday, March 5, 2020

No Further Purchase Necessary: 10-Year Anniversary Raffle

The NWA Woodworkers' Showcase is the anniversary date of my business each year. The 2010 show was the first time that I actively pursued customers. This year, March 28-29, 2020, marks the 10-year Anniversary of my plane-making business.

10 years!

10 years of people willing to listen to me at a shows. 10 years of people reading what I write and watching what I make. Most importantly, 10 years of little-known people willing to make substantial investments in wooden moulding planes, trusted to some guy they read about on the internet or met briefly at a show.


I've been thinking of ways to celebrate this milestone and I think I came up with a good one:



To reward those of you that have rewarded me with your patronage, I will be randomly choosing one of you many people that have previously purchased or have already placed orders to purchase plane(s) directly from me.

Each plane that each customer ordered will be a single entry to win a prize. There are 3,619 entries.

To be clear, everybody that took delivery of one plane from me already has one entry. Everybody that currently has a plane on backorder has an entry. If you ordered 18 planes then you have 18 entries.

(No further entries will be accepted for this contest, but further orders are always encouraged.)

What will you win? I have been thinking about that, too. I think I also came up with a great prize.

I don't want to thank only the people who have purchased planes from me. I also want to thank the businesses that have played a remarkable role in my existence. So the winner can choose a $500 gift certificate from one of the following companies:

Acanthus Workshop
Benchcrafted
Connecticut Valley School of Woodworking
The Furniture Institute of Massachusetts
Lie-Nielsen Toolworks
Lost Art Press/Crucible
Port Townsend School of Woodworking
Old Street Tool

These companies are aware that this contest is happening, but they aren't really participating. This means that if you win and choose company X then you'll tell me that you want the gift certificate for company X and I'll buy it. Don't contact company X to claim it. Do not burden them as I have.

If you win and you want the gift certificate broken up into 2, then I'll do that. I'll prefer not buying 6 different gift certificates from 6 different places, but whatever works for you...

As for the raffle, I'll be using "The Randomizer" like I have in raffles of the past. There will be four shots (rounds), selecting the digits A,BCD. The four shots will happen sequentially on different days, with digit A being first. The winning digit will have the most shot pellets inside or upon the border of their circle. A tie will be broken by the shot that is closest to the center point, established by the compass. The second tie-breaker is the second closest pellet to the center point, and so on.

(Note: The '3' circle is intentionally smaller.)

What's your digit? The order in which I delivered each plane will be your digit. If you ordered 18 planes at once then you have 18 sequential entries. If you ordered 10 planes over the course of 5 orders then you'll have 5 blocks of 2. Thirty planes on backorder means 30 entries (prize to be delivered upon you taking the delivery of the order).

All issues shall be decided by me. In the event that I can't contact the winner (moved, changed email address, AND changed phone number or death, etc.), then I will go to the second highest count for the fourth digit. In the event that the winning customer also happens to be an eligible company (numbers 0001-0018 are, for instance), then they still win. If they insist on declining, which I will encourage they do not, then we'll figure it out.

Finally, I will suggest the winner buy something for which they haven't yet budgeted. Take a class you haven't intended to take or buy a tool/book for which you aren't currently saving. I hope you treat the prize as a windfall for you and the business you choose.

Results of each round will be posted on my instagram feed, @msbickford. Please free to audit the contest results at the NWA Woodworkers' Showcase at the end of the month. I'll be there, I'll bring the spent targets, I'll bring my planes for you to try and a piece to enter in the showcase.

(Also, feel free to see vote for my piece for 'fan favorite' at this year's NWA Showcase)

(Just be sure you're voting for the correct one)

Note: If the winner is not in the United States and the specific company they choose does not have a location in your country (which they won't) then I'll have to purchase the tool, books, etc. and send it to you. I'll prefer not to deal with third-parties. Shipping and taxes will be your responsibility if the final total number exceeds the $500.

Note 2: I will ask that you do not contact me requesting your number(s). I don't have the time to respond to the 600+ customers. I will publish the date range of delivery (likely on Instagram, @msbickford) that remains in play after each round.

Note 3: If you purchased planes I made from eBay or an antique tool seller, then you are not in the running, unfortunately. Let's just hope the person who sold the planes that you have doesn't win.

NOTE 4: THANK YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Tiagris Gold-Plated Steel Pickaxe - Titanium Art
    Tiagris Gold-Plated ti 89 titanium calculator Steel Pickaxe - 출장샵 Titanium Art The titanium picks are ready to be ready surgical steel vs titanium for use babyliss pro titanium hair dryer in your fram titanium oil filter next production!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pg slot แตกง่าย เกมแจ็คพอต PG SLOT เป็นอีกหนึ่งต้นแบบเกมทำเงินยอดนิยมเยอะที่สุดในปี 2021 นี้ มีเรื่องราวชักชวนติดตาม และก็มีภาพกราฟิกที่ชัดเจนงดงามสูงที่สุดอีกด้วยเล่นเลย

    ReplyDelete