Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rule Joint with Hollows and Rounds

I've been asked a few times about making a pair of rule joint planes. Here's my first attempt at the joint with a pair of 8s.

Here's a quick step by step in making a rule joint with hollows and rounds

The result...






(The hinges were borrowed from my grandmother's favorite piece of furniture. I butchered two screws taking them out. Thanks.)

At this stage I've avoided making the pair by pushing a pair of hollows and rounds instead. Why? Well, if you are interested in the other 50 profiles you can create with a single pair of hollows and rounds start by taking a look at what you can do with a single hollow, a single round or both

1 comment:

  1. The king of joints, your work rocks, very impressive. I love these planes
    thanks a lot for showing

    ReplyDelete