Saturday, February 4, 2012

Drawer Lip

I have a large order coming up that includes a few planes for drawer lips. I intended to 'test' one of the planes on the drawers for my dressing table.

The beauty of having hollows, rounds, etc. is that I do not have to wait.

The goal
Rabbet plane 

#4 hollow to full width shaving followed by tipping the plane on its side to knock off the corner, making the circle an ellipse. 

The result...
1 down.

an hour later last night. Now I can get on to carving.

Early to bed, early to rise.
 
It was a busy morning.

Obligatory photo

NWA, here I come.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Its been a while since I've visited your blog. I met you at LN hand tool event last year at PW offices. I have been avoiding your planes until my tool budget rebounds a bit. But this is absolutely beautiful. I'm impressed. I'll be following more closely and awaiting the LAP book.

    ReplyDelete