Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Next...

A few specialty planes that are part of a larger order are sharpened and ready to go.
2/16 and 3/16" side beads

3/16, 4/16, 6/16 and 8/16" drawer lip/thumbnail planes. These planes are sprung, the profiles ovular and the irons are skewed.

I often get asked if multiple pairs of side rounds and snipes bills are warranted like hollows and rounds. Definitely not. I have, however, often craved a smaller pair of side rounds.

Two pairs of side rounds. The larger pair, my standard size, has a radius of 5/8". The smaller pair is 3/8" radius.  

I have never desired a different size of snipes bills



FedEx comes tomorrow.

(They will be packed much better than this, of course.)

I have another barn raising this weekend, so stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous work! I am fascinated by the drawer lip thumbnail planes. Most of the lipped drawers I make have a 1/16th rabbet and a 3/16" radius thumbnail.

    What furniture would use an 8/16, or is used for something besides a drawer lip>

    Thanks
    Herb Kettler

    Herb

    ReplyDelete