Friday, July 13, 2012

Mary May's School of Traditional Woodcarving

I woke up this morning intending to put myself in full moulding plane mode for Lie-Nielsen's summer open house. I checked my email and received notice that Mary May is now offering online instruction and videos for carving. I'm thinking about my tea table again.



I met Mary in March at the NWA show in Saratoga. A quick perusal of the site indicates that this is right in my wheelhouse. I do, of course, wish the offering came out a month ago because she has a two part video that would have been a nice helping hand.




I've enthusiastically signed up and, while fighting a terrible internet connection in my hotel room, am now trying to squeeze in a couple videos before the kids wake.

This, combined with Chuck Bender's NoBSWW and the release Roy Underhill's Woodwright Shop on dvd, is very good news for me (and our often self-secluded and introverted community).

Now I need to get ready for two days of talking woodworking with a huge group of enthusiasts who have traveled to Warren, ME and Lie-Nielsen.


No comments:

Post a Comment